Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cars

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon   Source: Autoblog
I have many interests.   To keep me occupied in the car, my mother used to teach me about all the cars on the road.  She created a monster.   I learned to read when my mom purchased a subscription to Motor Trend magazine when I was 4 years old.  By the time I was 12 I had subscriptions to Car & Driver and Automobile Magazine.  Growing up, most family members thought I would grow up to become a car salesman.  As an adult, I enjoy helping friends and family who are shopping for cars.   When I've purchased cars I've always known more than the car salesman.

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
This is a really interesting time in automotive history.  Rising fuel prices and a huge downturn in the global economy have changed the way car companies are designing and building cars.   Car companies are in a tug of war between designing and building fuel efficient cars (reduce weight) and safe cars (increase weight).  Upcoming models like the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu are a direct result of the recent changes in the auto industry.  The Malibu is shorter, wider, yet has nearly the same room as the outgoing model.  The new Malibu is safer with 10 airbags, more fuel efficient with 38 mph ECO model and a 4-cylinder only engine lineup.  There is a tremendous amount of buzz about the new Malibu.  Only time will tell if the new model will increase sales over the already successful current Malibu.

2012 Buick Regal GS
The most fun I have with my car interest is learning about upcoming models.  The internet feeds my constant need to learn about upcoming models.  I also love to hear rumors of future cars.  It's cool stuff.   I get excited during auto show season and in the fall when new models are released for the first time.

As with everyone, I have my opinions about what cars are good and what cars are bad.  I admit to being biased since I am loyal to car companies that are based in the United States.   I know that it is a global economy but GM, Ford, and Chrysler are the only car companies which interest me.  I am unimpressed by Toyota and other Asian companies products.  I am impressed with how quickly the Korean car companies have learned about the American market, but I would never consider one because I believe in supporting homegrown companies.  It's part of my strong Pro-American beliefs.

All this being said, I urge you to check out a new car, truck, or SUV from an American car company.  I think you'd be surprised at how far they've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment