Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Truck guy

My 2009 Silverado LT Z-71 4x4 - Pic taken 11/2009.
I get irritated with people who have knew me as a kid.  They not only treat me the same way but they gasp when they see that I drive a pickup truck.  I hear comments like, "You're not a truck guy." or "That's not you."

Enter my interest in sociology and psychology.  Human behavior is something I'll never fully understand but it's interesting to watch and experience.

My full driveway - Denali, ESV, and Silverado
Because they people knew me as the fat, insecure, selflessly people pleasing person I used to be, they still treat me the same way.  It doesn't occur to them at all that people do evolve over time especially as they become adults.  I'm well into adulthood now.   You would think they'd treat me as a stranger. . as I treat them.  I guess it's just easier for them to treat me the same way they always had; or they fear the fact that someone they once knew is now a stranger.  It happens as people go through life.

As for trucks not being me.  They are!  I love the versatility and practicality of a truck.  I love that I get get it slap covered with mud and clean it up and head to a fancy restaurant in the same day.   One of my vehicles will always be a pickup truck.  They fit my practical side and my fun side.   I make no apologies for it.  In fact, I am proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment